Each year, medical research grants are awarded nationwide primarily to junior investigative researchers who make meaningful advancements and discoveries towards finding a cure and therapies for various types of pediatric cancer.
2012 - 2013 Research Grant Application & Guidelines
Bear Necessities has teamed up with the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research to receive grant LOIs and applications at Proposal Central - https://proposalcentral.altum.com under the title "A Collaborative Pediatric Cancer Research Awards Program"
Below are the deadlines for Bear Necessities’ application process:
- Letter of Intent Deadline: October 19th, 2012
- Notification of Full Application Request: December 5, 2012
- Full Application Deadline: January 14, 2013
- Notification of Award: by August 1, 2013
We encourage the following applications:
- Post-doctoral Fellowships for pediatric cancer research:
- In first 2 years of appointment
- Three or more years after appointment
- Senior Faculty members are welcome to apply.
- Junior faculty development in pediatric cancer research at the instructor or assistant professor level. In particular, precedence will be given to fostering promising fellow's transition to faculty positions and candidates in the early stages of their independent career with an MD, MD/PhD, or PhD.
Grant proposals will be considered in the following categories:
- Creative or innovative approaches to pediatric cancer research, which could potentially become advanced studies or clinical trials with initial seed support.
- Projects that focus on solid tumors and underserved areas of tumor types, such as retinoblastoma, Wilm’s tumor, Optic Glioma, and Osteosarcoma.
- Projects with translational components: studies likely to lead to a clinical trial in the near future.
- Survivorship studies.
- Personalized, alternative, or integrative research proposals are acceptable.
The following will not be reviewed:
- Grants and Fellowships which have no direct relevance to pediatric cancer.
- Proposals for funding the management of clinical trials or infrastructure programs.
- No more than two applications per single institution will be considered for final funding.
Grant proposals will not be considered if they:
- Do not fall within the Foundations’ mission.
- Do not have every section completed.
- Are received after the application deadline: 5:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. PT) on January 14, 2013
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Mura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago - Chicago, IL
Brain Tumor Research (2011 - 2012)
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Philadelphia, PA
Low - grade Glioma Research (2011 - 2012)
Neuroblastoma Research (2011 - 2012)
Columbia University Medical Center - New York, NY
T - ALL Research (2011 - 2012)
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center - New York, NY
Neuroblastoma Cell Lines Research (2011 -2012)
Northwestern University - Chicago, IL
DS - ALL Research (2011 - 2012)